- If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
- A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.
- Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God.
- Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
- God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
- Many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.
- Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food."
- Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
- Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Friday, January 4, 2008
Be brave! Be strong! Be fearless! Once you have taken up the spiritual life, fight as long as there is any life in you. Even though you know you are going to be killed, fight till you “are killed.” Don’t die of fright. Die fighting. Don’t go down till you are knocked down.~Swami Vivekananda
All power is within you. You can do anything and everything. Believe in that. Do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. Stand up and express the divinity within you.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin – to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
Realize yourself. That is all there is to do. Know yourself as you are infinite spirit. That is practical religion. Everything else is impractical, for everything else will vanish.
Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
If you think that you are bound, you remain bound; you make your own bondage. If you know that you are free, you are free this moment. This is knowledge, knowledge of freedom. Freedom is the goal of all nature.
The meditative state is the highest state of existence. So long as there is desire, no real happiness can come. It is only the contemplative, witness-like study of objects that brings to us real enjoyment and happiness.
Let us make our hearts as big as an ocean, to go beyond all the trifles of the world and see it only as a picture. We can then enjoy the world without being in any way affected by it.
~ Swami Vivekananda
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Normally we feel that only if we have God's love and mercy can we move forward and progress. But we are not always sure about what God has in store for us. So we wait for something to happen before we can achieve purity and perfection. It is in fact the other way round, that the more we come back to our pure form, where we are clean and clear inside, the more we become worthy of God's love and blessings. It is these blessings that further strengthen our own specialties and help us progress.~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu.
Monday, December 31, 2007
2011New Year Spiritual Message
**************Warm welcome to 2011**************
Don't be afraid. Human birth is full of suffering and one has to endure everything patiently, taking the name of God. None, not even God in human form, can escape the sufferings of body and mind.
I tell you one thing my child -- if you want peace, do not find fault with others. Rather, see your own faults. Learn to make the world your own. No one is a stranger, my child; the whole world is your own.
(From Sri Sarada Devi's last words, spoken before passing away on July 20, 1920)
What are you to do when you are placed in the world? Give up everything to Him, resign yourself to Him, and there will be no more trouble for you. Then you will come to know that everything is done by His will.
~ Sri Ramakrishna
All that is real in me is God; all that is real in God is I. The gulf between God and human beings is thus bridged. Thus we find how, by knowing God, we find the kingdom of heaven within us.
"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
~1 John 4:7, 11-12
It is true that there is much suffering in the world. But do we need to worry about it? If we focus on the negative, that drains us of the strength to help. Goodness and truth are also at work in our world, as well as darker forces. When I switch on my awareness of positive qualities common to humanity, it is like bringing light into the darkness. The past stops haunting me and I stop worrying about the future. I see more clearly what I need to do now, for lasting happiness and health.
Faith means that there isn't the slightest form of doubt in any situation or at times of obstacles. Situations have to change and they will continue to change. The supports that your faith has now will be removed, and even after that your foundation has to be strong. If your foundation is not strong, then supports are necessary. Therefore you need to maintain your peaceful, lovable state and your love and faith for God has to remain unshakeable
~Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
******************* Happy New Year 2008 *******************
In order to create good relationships -
- With your mind, think about what you have to learn from others.
- With your eyes, look into the good qualities of others.
- With your words, recognize, value and appreciate their accomplishments,
- With your actions, cooperate and do something for others.
It is impossible to attain peace and happiness without purity. Where there is purity, i.e. no trace of negativities in any form, there is the power of peace and happiness. Pure ones are always cheerful – in fact, purity is the basis of spirituality.
Positivity is a subtle, spiritual attribute or energy, natural to all of us, that can accumulate in the mind just as electrical energy accumulates in a battery. A positive frame of mind promotes healing in oneself, and this energy naturally flows out to others.
Learn to create silence in your mind and peace will flourish in your soul. You will discover God's language. To be internally silent do not think too much. Trust yourself. Trust others. Trust life. You will find it is easier than it seems.
~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
I tell you one thing my child -- if you want peace, do not find fault with others. Rather, see your own faults. Learn to make the world your own. No one is a stranger, my child; the whole world is your own
The hundred and fifty fifth birthday of Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi will be celebrated on Sunday, 30 December 2007.