You live in a body and that has to be known, not physiologically, as a machine, but spiritually, as a temple. When you know it physiologically, you cure it with chemicals; when you know it spiritually you cure it with thought. And when its health is based on thought, it becomes a thought, it becomes a source of health to others - a refuge. When its health is based on medicine, it becomes an attraction to others and so a trap.
Our words can either spiritually sustain souls or damage their self-esteem. Whether we are talking about someone's faults or weaknesses, passing comments on a situation that does not concern us, or giving private information we create an atmosphere that could suffocate any soul in the vicinity and reduce chances of improvement or productivity. Remember that it's very difficult to trust someone who speaks without thinking of the consequences. We can save a lot of time and energy by paying attention to how we interact and express ourselves in relationships.
~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu.
"Have no anxiety about tomorrow ~Bible
"Never think that God’s delays are God’s denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius.
~Georges-Louis Leclere De Buffon
"Every evening I turn up worries over to God. He’s going to be up all night anyway.
"God does not judge you according to your bodies and appearances, but He looks into your hearts and observes your deeds
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
- Brave, bold men, these are what we want. What we want is vigor in the blood, strength in the nerves, iron muscles and nerves of steel. Avoid all mystery. There is no mystery in religion. Mystery mongering and superstition are always signs of weakness.
- Arise, awake, for your country needs this tremendous sacrifice. It is the young men that will do it. ‘The young, the energetic, the strong, the well-built, the intellectual’- for them is the task.
- Lay down your comforts, your pleasures, your names, fame or position, nay, even your lives, and make a bridge of human chains over which millions will cross this ocean of life.
- Do not be frightened. Awake, be up and doing. Do not stop till you have reached the goal.
- I would rather see every one of you rank atheists than superstitious fools, for the atheist is alive and you can make something out of him. But if superstition enters, the brain is gone, the brain is softening, degradation has seized upon the life.
- My children must be ready to jump into fire, if needed, to accomplish their work. Now work, work, work! We will stop and compare notes later on. Have patience, perseverance and purity.
- India wants the sacrifice of at least a thousand of her young men – men, mind and not brutes.
- So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every man a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them!
- Work unto death – I am with you, and when I am gone, my spirit will work with you. This life comes and goes - wealth, fame, enjoyments are only of a few days. It is better, far better to die on the field of duty, preaching the truth, than to die like a worldly worm.
- My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of them will come my workers. They will work out the whole problem, like lions.
- Truth, purity, and unselfishness – wherever these are present, there is no power below or above the sun to crush the possessor thereof. Equipped with these, one individual is able to face the whole universe in opposition.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced."
"We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act."
"The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves!"
"Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God."
"Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth."
"To devote your life to the good of all and to the happiness of all is religion. Whatever you do for your own sake is not religion "
"As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God."
"Do not stand on a high pedestal and take 5 cents in your hand and say, "here, my poor man", but be grateful that the poor man is there, so by making a gift to him you are able to help yourself.It is not the reciever that is blessed, but it is the giver.Be thankful that you are allowed to exercise your power of benevolence and mercy in the world, and thus become pure and perfect."
"It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light. First, believe in this world, that "
"The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free. "
Once Mother Theresa was asked how she could continue day after day after day,visiting the terminally ill:feeding them, touching them,wiping their brows,giving them comfort as they lay dying.
And she said,"It's not hard,because in each one I see the face of Christ in one of His more distressing disguises."
And that is Mother's teaching:To urge us to see the face of Christ in each of His numerous disguises wherever we go. Her plea was that we look for holiness not just in those who are ill or hungry or in obvious pain,but in the all the others, too.I mean those who are suffering from spiritual despair or emotional imprisonments which block their aliveness; restrict their freedom and wall them off from limitless joy and self realization.
These beings too,need our Silent Love for their pain is just as deep.
That is Mother Theresa's message about spiritual healing.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
The soul of man is like a piece of crystal, but it takes the color of whatever is near it. Whatever the soul touches... it has to take its color. That is the difficulty. That constitutes bondage. The color is so strong, the crystal forgets itself and identifies itself with the color.
Suppose a red flower is near the crystal: the crystal takes the color and forgets itself, thinks it is red. We have taken the color of the body and have forgotten what we are. All the difficulties that follow come from that one dead body. All our fears, all worries, anxieties, troubles, mistakes, weakness, evil, are from that one great blunder-- that we are bodies. This is the ordinary person. It is the person taking the color of the flower near to it.
We are no more bodies than the crystal is the red flower.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
- Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace.
- Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.
- Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed.
- There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist. As the same person inhabits the body through childhood, youth, and old age, so too at the time of death he attains another body. The wise are not deluded by these changes.
- Those who eat too much or eat too little, who sleep too much or sleep too little, will not succeed in meditation. But those who are temperate in eating and sleeping, work and recreation, will come to the end of sorrow through meditation.
- Still your mind in me, still yourself in me, and without a doubt you shall be united with me, Lord of Love, dwelling in your heart.
- The soul who meditates on the Self is content to serve the Self and rests satisfied within the Self; there remains nothing more for him to accomplish.
- Fear Not. What is not real, never was and never will be. What is real, always was and cannot be destroyed.
- Not by refraining from action does man attain freedom from action. Not by mere renunciation does he attain supreme perfection.
- Action is greater than inaction. Perform therefore thy task in life. Even the life of the body could not be if there were no action.
- When the sage climbs the heights of Yoga, he follows the path of work; but when he reaches the heights of Yoga, he is in the land of peace.
- Whenever the mind unsteady and restless strays away from the spirit, let him ever and for ever lead it again to the spirit.
- No work stains a man who is pure, who is in harmony, who is master of his life, whose soul is one with the soul of all.
Monday, January 7, 2008
- The whole of creation, with all of its laws, is a revelation of God. -- Dean William Ralph Inge
- Walk boldly and wisely....There is a hand above that will help you on. -- Philip James Bailey
- Whether you like it or not, whether you know it or not, secretly all nature seeks God and works toward him. -- Meister Eckhart
- One on God's side is a majority. -- Wendell Phillips
- The stars rule men but God rules the stars. --Christoph Cellarius
- All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- God helps the brave. -- Johann Christoph Freidrich von Schiller
- True happiness is not found in any other reward than that of being united with God. - Thomas Merton
- Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers. - Hans Christian Andersen
- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6
- There is no emptiness of soul ever for those whose life is devoted to God. -- William Lawson
- A true love of God must begin with a delight in his holiness. -- Jonathan Edwards
- Never think that God's delays are God's denials.Hold on! hold fast! hold out! Patience is genius. -- Georges L.L. de Buffon
Sunday, January 6, 2008
"God is one's very own. The more intensely a person practices spiritual disciplines, the more quickly he attains to God."
"Never fear. He is ever looking after you. Do His work and practice Sadhana. A little work daily drives away idle thoughts from the mind."
"Call on the Lord who pervades the entire universe. He will shower His blessings upon you.""The mind is rendered pure as a result of much austerities. God who is purity itself cannot be attained without austerities."~Holy Mother Sarada Devi