Monday, January 28, 2008

2008 Swami Vivekananda Jayanti Spiritual Quotes !

".....I do everything to be sweet, but when it comes to a horrible compromise with the truth within, then I stop. I do not believe in 'humility'. I believe on 'Samadarshitva' - same state of mind with regard to all.

The duty of the ordinary man is to obey the commands of his 'God' - society; but the children of light never do so. This is an eternal law. One accomodates himself to surroundings and social opinion and gets all good things from society, the giver of all good to such. The other stands alone and draws society up towards him. The accommodating man finds a path of roses; the non-accommodating, one of thorns. But the worshippers of "Vox Populi" go to annihilation in a moment; the children of light 'live for ever'.

I will compare truth to a corrosive substance of infinite power. It burns its way in wherever it falls - in soft substance at once, hard granite slowly, but it must. What is writ is writ. I am so, so sorry, that I cannot make myself 'sweet' and accomodating to every black falsehood. But I cannot. I have suffered for it all my life, but I cannot.

At last I have given it up. The Lord is Great!....He will not allow me to become a hypocrite....Now let what is in come out. I have not found a way that will please all, and I cannot but be what I am, true to my own self......"Youth and beauty vanish, life and wealth vanish, name and fame vanish, even the mountains crumble into dust. Friendship and love vanish. TRUTH ALONE ABIDES."..........God of Truth, be Thou alone my guide! I am too old to change now into milk and honey. Allow me to remain as I am...."Without fear, without shopkeeping, caring neither for friend nor foe, do thou hold on to truth, Sannyaasin, and from this moment give up this world and the next and all that are to come - their enjoyments and their vanities....Truth, be thou alone my guide."

I have no desire for wealth or name or fame or enjoyments, they are dust unto me....I want to help my brethren. I have not the 'tact to earn money', bless the Lord....What reason is there for me to conform to the vagaries of the world around me and not obey the voice of Truth within? The mind is still weak; it sometimes mechanically clutches at earthly help....But I am not afraid....Fear is the greatest sin, my religion teaches......"

No comments: